pondělí 20. července 2009

Milada Marešová


Worths say a word about one of my very favourite (of three) painters and her name is in the headline. Milada Marešová was not only very original painter and illustrator, but also a pioneer of woman emancipation in Czequia. I picked up an information that her dad allowed her to follow lessons at Um-Prum (Prague´s art school) because he didn´t considered art as an education of the high level. Milada Marešová lived in Paris and Berlin, and observing ather cultures was an inspiration for her. Above all I loved her painting of a black londonese beauty, i had a photo from the exhibition, but unfortunatelly meanwhile the pc stuck and i lost all my materials last year.
She cooperated with another excellent illustrator of that time, Vojtěch Preissig. He publicate a rebellious zine "V boj" (Into Fight) and they were arrested. Milada Marešová made a long pause in her creative career, and came back to painting after return from China as she was full of intercultural inspiration. Meanwhile she always worked as an illustrator of children´s books.
The picture above is a scan of a bookmark I found in scrap junk collection of my dead grandmother and it represents one of the celluloids that Milada Marešová projected on a wall to her family visitors. It´s her invention and type of a projection show with a plot.

1 komentář:

Anonymní řekl(a)...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.